Listing your trails on our website is free-of-charge, all we need is for you to send us a description, difficulty rating, some photos, and a GPX track file.
A GPX file is a point-by-point coordinate map indicating the location of your trail. You can easily create a file like this by walking the trail with:
- A handheld GPS: https://trailmap.co.za/how-to/export-gpx-files-from-a-garmin-handheld-gps/
- The Geo Tracker app on Android: https://trailmap.co.za/how-to/record-gpx-tracks-in-the-geo-tracker-app/
- The free Samsung Health app: https://trailmap.co.za/how-to/export-gpx-files-from-samsung-health/
- The free Strava app: https://trailmap.co.za/how-to/export-gpx-tracks-from-strava-for-free/
- Alternatively, you can also draw the trail on a satellite map using the free Tracklia app: https://trailmap.co.za/how-to/how-to-edit-gpx-tracks-in-the-free-tracklia-app
Once you have your GPX file, email it to us on [email protected], then fill out this form to set the rest of your trail’s details:
For your trail description, try to include information such as whether there’s a fee, whether there are any particular highlights or photo spots, etc. Please note that we may edit the details you submit for completeness and clarity.
If you’re unsure how to use any of the above, feel free to get in touch with us on [email protected] – if you’re located in the Western Cape we may be able to come walk your trail and record the track for you.